Our Executive are in full swing doing preparations for the upcoming season.
As you may be aware, lots of things happen behind the scenes, including team formations, equipment purchases, liaising with Softball Manitoba, training, RM meetings, and so on. But, we do it for the love of the sport and the smiles we all see on the diamonds (and off!) each and every Spring.
A few things to update parents and players on as we head into April:
- We have some batting helmets for sale for those of you that don’t have yet. Come out to one of the Clinics or email us on email@example.com.
- We will hopefully be having some practice sessions and clinics in April. Check here often for details, but they will also be posted on the clinics page.
- Registrations are still being accepted. The forms are available here on the site. Once completed, bring to one of the sessions/practices/clinics or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a drop-off. If you have questions, email us and one of us will call you to discuss.
- Due to the increase in interest in softball this year, which is of course fantastic, this means that we will likely have two teams at many levels. It also means we will be in need of coaching help. Our senior coaches will be available to get you up to speed if you are new to softball, or even if you are new to coaching, so please do reach out if you are interested.
- As well, each team needs not only a dedicated Head Coach, but several other key positions, including assistants, team managers and scorekeepers. Once the teams have been created and you get to know your coach, please let them know if you can help. We rely on parent help both on and off the diamond to maximise the player experience.
- As SMSA grows, we are in the process of assessing our needs administratively and, as such, will be reaching out for volunteers for a few positions on the Executive. Details will be forthcoming and posted here on the website.
- Finally, please note that clinics for this Friday (24 March) are staggered. Please see the clinics page for detailed information.
That’s all for now. Updates could be fast and furious and posted here as they come in. Don’t forget to scroll down in case you missed something.
As always, email us on email@example.com if you have any questions.