Congrats to the Springfield Fire U14 travel team for taking home Silver in the annual Steinbach tournament! Way to go!!
Our U10 Heat team was in Steinbach over the 1 and 2 June weekend to participate in the annual Storm Tournament. Well done team!
The Eastman Wildcats (A level ball club) participated in a tournament in Big Lake, Minnesota over the May long weekend and were named the 12U Consolation (B side) Champs! Two players on the team are from SMSA and played U10B last season. Congrats from everyone at SMSA!
The U19 team for the 2018 regular season, many of whom were coached by our late President, Al Sauve, are all wearing jerseys with his initials on the back left shoulder. This is in his memory and represents a “pat on the back” from Coach Al for the effort his players put into the game.
Special pitching clinic – registration closing soon
When/where: Sunday, 29 April 2018 at varying times based on age (see registration form)
Cost: $15 per participant
Although pitching is a developed skill and one that takes time, if your daughter is interested in pitching in future this would be a starting point. This Sunday’s session will teach the basic mechanics for newcomers so that players can continue to practice throughout the season and consider a winter clinic for further development. The clinic will be led by SMSA’s resident pitching coach, Ruth Hiebert.
Click here to download the registration from. Note that there is a registration deadline.
A few updates:
- There have been quite a few emails being circulated to all softball families as of late, and several teams have been receiving emails from their respective coaches as well. If you’ve not received any of these, please be in touch with us.
- We will be hosting an outdoor pitching skills clinic on 29 April. Details will be sent out via email shortly.
- Teams have been formed at the U10, U12, U14 and U19 levels. We also have an LTP programme that will be divided up into three squads.
- The Friday night general skills clinics have concluded for the year now that teams have been formed. Thanks to everyone who came out this year. Great to see such interest in the sport.
- The season is scheduled to start on 30 April. Once finalised, schedules for each team will be posted here (under “Teams” but your Head Coach and/or Team Manager should be your first point of contact re: any scheduling questions).
- We always encourage younger players to come out and watch a game played by our older teams. It’s great fun to watch the level of play they themselves will eventually be experiencing. Check the individual Team pages here on the website to see when everyone is playing. Well worth it on a nice early summer evening.
Coach Al’s family will be taking part in the Relay for Life on 25 May this year in his memory. If you would like to support them, please click here or on the image below. Note that you can donate to the team or via a specific team member listed on the right side. As well, the family welcomes folks to come walk with them as well!
The crash overnight in Saskatchewan has touched everyone in SMSA. We struggle to find words and comprehend how this can happen to a group pursing their passion in sport. It hits close to home as one of our coaches has strong connections to the team and the region. We are thinking of him and, of course, all of the families affected by this tragedy.
Strength and will to all.