Our Executive are in full swing doing preparations for the upcoming season.
As you may be aware, lots of things happen behind the scenes, including team formations, equipment purchases, liaising with Softball Manitoba, training, RM meetings, and so on. But, we do it for the love of the sport and the smiles we all see on the diamonds (and off!) each and every Spring.
A few things to update parents and players on as we head into April:
- We have some batting helmets for sale for those of you that don’t have yet. Come out to one of the Clinics or email us on email@example.com.
- We will hopefully be having some practice sessions and clinics in April. Check here often for details, but they will also be posted on the clinics page.
- Registrations are still being accepted. The forms are available here on the site. Once completed, bring to one of the sessions/practices/clinics or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a drop-off. If you have questions, email us and one of us will call you to discuss.
- Due to the increase in interest in softball this year, which is of course fantastic, this means that we will likely have two teams at many levels. It also means we will be in need of coaching help. Our senior coaches will be available to get you up to speed if you are new to softball, or even if you are new to coaching, so please do reach out if you are interested.
- As well, each team needs not only a dedicated Head Coach, but several other key positions, including assistants, team managers and scorekeepers. Once the teams have been created and you get to know your coach, please let them know if you can help. We rely on parent help both on and off the diamond to maximise the player experience.
- As SMSA grows, we are in the process of assessing our needs administratively and, as such, will be reaching out for volunteers for a few positions on the Executive. Details will be forthcoming and posted here on the website.
- Finally, please note that clinics for this Friday (24 March) are staggered. Please see the clinics page for detailed information.
That’s all for now. Updates could be fast and furious and posted here as they come in. Don’t forget to scroll down in case you missed something.
As always, email us on email@example.com if you have any questions.
Given our 10 March clinic was so well attended, and we anticipate similar numbers, we’ve decided to split our next clinic (24 March) as follows:
Learn To Play: 6:30pm – 7:30pm
U10: 6:30pm – 8:00pm
U12 and older: 8:00pm – 9:30pm
Any questions, reach out via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
See you all on 24 March!
The last day to register in person is today, 6 March, at the One Insurance Arena in Oakbank (7pm – 9pm). You can print and fill in the forms in advance if you wish.
We can often accommodate late registrations (email us to arrange), however placement into teams is usually on a ‘first come/first saved‘ manner so we cannot make any firm guarantees. More information is available on our Registration page.
Last update: 6 March 2017 @ 10:33CST
The next spring registration session will take place on 6 March from 7pm to 9pm (both nights) at the One Insurance Arena in Oakbank.
Here are the forms that you will asked to complete. We’ve included them here for your convenience if you would like to print and complete beforehand:
2017 REGISTRATION FORM
PHOTOGRAPHY RELEASE FORM
It may feel like spring, but we’re not quite there yet!
A few updates:
- CLINIC UPDATES: There is no Friday night clinic this coming Friday (24 February). The Thursday pitching clinic on the 23rd, however, is still being run. Check the Clinics page for the most up-to-date list of when clinics are being run.
- REGISTRATION FOR THE 2017 SEASON: The first registration session for the 2017 softball season will be on 27 February from 7pm to 9pm at the One Insurance Arena in Oakbank. The next registration date is 6 March (also 7pm to 9pm). Further information, including fees and our registration form, can be found on our registration page.
Feel free to email us on email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
Softball Manitoba is once again running their spring break clinics. You can download their form (which contains detailed information) here.
Mark your calendars! Spring registration will take place on 27 February and 6 March from 7pm to 9pm (both nights) at the One Insurance Arena in Oakbank. When you arrive, you may find a very long line down the hallway. This is very likely the soccer line-up. Instead, come right inside the room and look for our table. Minimal wait time, if any at all. We will be there!
We will soon provide a registration form here for you to complete in advance, but forms will be available.
Information on our skills clinics has been updated. See the Clinics page for more information.