We will be running Friday night clinics on 7 April and 28 April (but not the 14th and 21st). Given the recent strong turnout by both new and experienced players at our previous clinics, we will once again be staggering the clinic times based on age. For these two dates, we will follow this schedule as close as we possibly can:
- 6:30pm – 7:30pm: LTPs (including any under 8 years-old)
- 7:30pm – 8:30pm: U10s (including any new players 8-10 years-old)
- 8:30pm – 10:00pm U12+ (including any new players 11 year-old+)
Clinics will be run at the Middle School gymnasium in Oakbank.
We look forward to seeing you all soon!
Our Executive are in full swing doing preparations for the upcoming season.
As you may be aware, lots of things happen behind the scenes, including team formations, equipment purchases, liaising with Softball Manitoba, training, RM meetings, and so on. But, we do it for the love of the sport and the smiles we all see on the diamonds (and off!) each and every Spring.
A few things to update parents and players on as we head into April:
- We have some batting helmets for sale for those of you that don’t have yet. Come out to one of the Clinics or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will hopefully be having some practice sessions and clinics in April. Check here often for details, but they will also be posted on the clinics page.
- Registrations are still being accepted. The forms are available here on the site. Once completed, bring to one of the sessions/practices/clinics or email us on email@example.com to arrange a drop-off. If you have questions, email us and one of us will call you to discuss.
- Due to the increase in interest in softball this year, which is of course fantastic, this means that we will likely have two teams at many levels. It also means we will be in need of coaching help. Our senior coaches will be available to get you up to speed if you are new to softball, or even if you are new to coaching, so please do reach out if you are interested.
- As well, each team needs not only a dedicated Head Coach, but several other key positions, including assistants, team managers and scorekeepers. Once the teams have been created and you get to know your coach, please let them know if you can help. We rely on parent help both on and off the diamond to maximise the player experience.
- As SMSA grows, we are in the process of assessing our needs administratively and, as such, will be reaching out for volunteers for a few positions on the Executive. Details will be forthcoming and posted here on the website.
- Finally, please note that clinics for this Friday (24 March) are staggered. Please see the clinics page for detailed information.
That’s all for now. Updates could be fast and furious and posted here as they come in. Don’t forget to scroll down in case you missed something.
As always, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Given our 10 March clinic was so well attended, and we anticipate similar numbers, we’ve decided to split our next clinic (24 March) as follows:
Learn To Play: 6:30pm – 7:30pm
U10: 6:30pm – 8:00pm
U12 and older: 8:00pm – 9:30pm
Any questions, reach out via email: email@example.com
See you all on 24 March!
The last day to register in person is today, 6 March, at the One Insurance Arena in Oakbank (7pm – 9pm). You can print and fill in the forms in advance if you wish.
We can often accommodate late registrations (email us to arrange), however placement into teams is usually on a ‘first come/first saved‘ manner so we cannot make any firm guarantees. More information is available on our Registration page.
Last update: 6 March 2017 @ 10:33CST
The next spring registration session will take place on 6 March from 7pm to 9pm (both nights) at the One Insurance Arena in Oakbank.
Here are the forms that you will asked to complete. We’ve included them here for your convenience if you would like to print and complete beforehand:
2017 REGISTRATION FORM
PHOTOGRAPHY RELEASE FORM