The Executive and Player Development Committee members of SMSA would like to invite all players interested in being placed on a U10 softball team for the upcoming season to player evaluations. This is specifically for:
- Girls aged 8 – 10 as of December 31, 2017
- Girls currently registered at the Learn to Play level and will be 7 or 8 as of December 31, 2017, are invited to attend if they would like an opportunity to evaluated for the U10 level.
WHEN: Friday, 28 April @ 7:30pm (note that this date read “Thursday” in error until it was corrected on 27 April 2017 @ 13:44CDT)
WHERE: Springfield Middle School gymnasium
U10 girls who were already evaluated on 20 April at the arena in Oakbank are strongly encouraged to come at this time for the regular Friday night clinic.
SMSA’s intent for evaluations is to create a fun pre-season workshop, identify players experience and current playing level, while learning what will offer the best experience for every individual and team for the season. (through a questionnaire which will be distributed during evaluations) Player placements will be made using a combination the following criteria and adjusted to suit each age group’s unique set of challenges with quantity of players registered and varying skill levels / ages:
- Player evaluation results
- requests for age advancement due to scheduling conflicts, friend requests, car pool request
- Requests which include a preference to play in a non-competitive environment or the opposite.
- The need to round out a second team using a balanced consideration of above criteria while attempting to provide a positive experience for all players and teams as a whole
- Specific positional requirements – i.e.; every attempt would be made to place a pitcher / catcher attending winter clinics on a B division team to provide that player an opportunity to further develop and execute skills learned unless evaluators / coaches feel that the player may not be quite ready to pitch / catch at the current level registered. Players may be placed in accordance with the need to round out teams with a variety of positions to best suit both teams at each age level.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Water bottle
- Batting helmet with cage
- Bat (optional) team bats also available
- Last seasons jersey if you haven’t already returned
Please advise if your player is NOT able to attend.
Last update: 27 April 2017 @ 13:41CDT